Thursday, January 30, 2014

STAMPlorations sketch challenge

I came across a new to me challenge blog quite by accident recently.  I really like the sketch that STAMPlorations posted so decided to play along.

Here is the sketch:



And here is the card I made using their sketch:


I started out with a white card stock base and added pink a layer of pink card stock and a layer of design paper from the 6 x 6 paper pad - Head over Heels by Bo Bunny.  I added some pink ribbon and punched out 3 hearts with a MS punch and popped them up on 3D foam pads onto the ribbon.  The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Crimson Red ink and I also added some rhinestone hearts.  I I ever make another card using this sketch, I think I will add the ribbon and punched hearts a bit lower.

This card was made for a child at The Hospital for Sick Children here in Toronto.  I am on the Smiley Team for Kards for Kids and enjoy making cards for the children in the hospital.  I really like this card and am hoping that the recipient will like it as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment!
 

6 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Perfect Valentine's card - love those sparkly hearts! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations! I hope to see you there soon again! Cornelia - DT

Anonymous said...

Oh, those tiny hearts on the DP are incredibly sweet! Quite certain the child who'll receive your card is going to love it! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations :o)

~Shery

Stef H said...

ooooooooo, i'm gonna check them out. love, love, love your card. SIMPLY elegant!

hugs :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Oma, Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog about my card. I will do a post about Dawn's card and post her tutorial. Dawn's card has more layers them mine but looks pretty much the same. Thank you for the information.
Your card is just darling, love all the hearts. Perfect for Valentines day. Your background paper is so pretty.
Hugs, Pat

Nonni said...

What a beautiful, feminine and romantic card! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations -we begin with a new sketch challenge tomorrow, do join us again!

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card...