Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dynamic Duos meets Less is More

I came across 2 challenges and decided to incorporate both challenges into one card.  The first challenge I found was the Dynamic Duos Colour Challenge which is to use the colours Black and Hot Pink.  I wasn't sure what sketch to use until I came across the Less is More sketch challenge.

Here is the colour challenge:


Here is the sketch:

Here is the card I created:



White card stock base.  I heat embossed a Stampin Up heart stamp onto hot pink card stock and then punched it out using my Marvy heart punch.  The sentiment was stamped on the black strip of card stock which was layered onto a strip of hot pink card stock with Color Box Powdered Sugar which I got from the Stamps of Life.  I do not know which company the sentiment is from as I have lost the packaging it came in.  I also added some hot pink Pearl Gems by Forever in Time.

This card will be sent to a child at The Hospital for Sick Children here in Toronto.  I am on the Smiley Team for Kards for Kids HSC and am having a blast making cards for the children and hoping that my cards will put a smile on their face.  I hope the child who receives this card will like it as much as I do.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, I love that heart and it looks fab against the black! Jo x

Chrissie said...

This is a super card Oma!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Loli said...

Hola Oma, i´m glad to meet you.
Beautiful card, i like the contrast, pink and black are always stunning but, i think is a perfect card for a young little girl, you know pink hearts..., i´m sure you have a future smiling girl in the hospital, fantastic idea!.
A warm hug from Palma de Mallorca Spain

Julie Gearinger said...

What a wonderful show of love for a special child! Love the pink heart and use of the colors with the sketch- thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

Sarah said...

Hi Oma, thank you for your lovely comment, I checked out your card, it's stunning! Have become a follower of your blog, look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations, hugs, Sarah x

Stef H said...

this is just gorgeous! that heart is spectacular!

it's sub-zero weather here - really sub 0 - the temps are -22 yikes. how do I even attempt to take the dog out??? hope you're nice and "toasty"

hugs :)

Anne said...

Lovely colour combi, I'm sure the recipient will be delighted.
Thanks for joining us at Less is More this week
Anne
Less is More GD

hollybeary creations said...

So cute.. I love all the details on that heart! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.