Friday, January 24, 2014

Freshly made sketches #120

I was really tired when I got up this morning and had every intentions of going back to bed.  Then I saw this week's sketch at Freshly made Sketches and I was inspired to play along.

Here is the sketch:

Here is the card I made using my favourite decorative element - a butterfly.



Ivory cardstock base with pink cardstock.  The design paper is by Wild Rose Studio 6 x 6 paper pad - Butterfly garden.  The butterfly die cut is by Memory Box Dies - Pippi and I'm not sure why it looks yellow in my photo because I cut it with ivory card stock.  I added some tiny rhinestones to the body of the butterfly.  I had originally die cut the same butterfly and added pink glitter but I didn't like it very much.  I like the one I used much better.  I used a 2 inch scallop punch and popped it up with foam dots.  I also used Taylored Expression Banner Stacklets dies to cut the banners.  I also added a sentiment inside "You make my heart flutter." which is by CTMH stamp set - Butterfly Wings.

The photo is not very good as far as the colours are concerned.  It is not that bright in real life.  It's a bit more muted.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Stef H said...

this is simply gorgeous!!!!!

hugs :)

Cindy Lovell said...

Gorgeous card! Great colors and i love the butterfly!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!