Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A touch of Spring

This winter with its snow and below freezing temperatures has just seemed to drag and I can't wait for spring!!

I was going through my butterflies pinterest board and came across a card that I had pinned a long time ago but never got around to casing.  Here is the link to the card that I cased:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2290266.

I love tulips and butterflies so this card was perfect to remind me that spring will soon be here.  I also love clean and simple cards that are easy to make but can still look elegant.

Here is my version:



White card stock base - SU's Tulip embossing folder - lilac glitter paper by Recollections - Whimsy embossing folder by Lifestyle.  I punched out the butterflies from the lilac glitter paper with my Creative Memories butterfly punch.  I am still debating if I should add some tiny rhinestones or pearls to the butterflies.  Sometimes there is beauty in simplicity.  I will be stamping an appropriate greeting inside the card once I decide who to send it to.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jo Laughlin said...

I love your version....very elegant! Thanks for letting me know!

Have a nice day!

Wendy L said...

So pretty, very effective. xxxx