Thursday, November 21, 2013

Try Stamping on Tuesday - Kards for Kids

If you are a regular reader of my blog; then you know that I am on the Smiley Team for  Kards for Kids HSC.  We make cards for the children who are patients at the Hospital for Sick Children here in Toronto. Our challenge this Christmas is to make Winter cards.  When I saw the sketch challenge at Try Stamping on Tuesday; I knew it was a good opportunity for me to cut and emboss the new cutting/embossing die I bought on Monday at the Hobby Lobby store in Niagara Falls NY.  I found that the prices at Hobby Lobby are cheaper than Michaels here in Canada.  I just wish we had a Hobby Lobby here.

Here is the sketch:


And here is the card I made using the sketch as inspiration:


The card base is white with a layer of light blue card stock.  The design paper is from a 6 x 6 paper pad by Recollections - Blue Christmas.  I stamped the sentiment which is from CTMH - with Versa Ink - Majestic Blue.  The grey ribbon with the snowflakes is from my stash.  The embossed snowflake die is by Momenta.  I have never seen their stamps or dies here in Canada but I really like them.  The price for this particular die set (there are 4 dies in total) on their website is $9.99 but I got it for $7.99 at Hobby Lobby. The light blue rhinestones are from Martha Stewart.  If you click on the picture you will be able to see more detail of the snowflake.  I am quite pleased with how this card turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Stef H said...

love it! stunning and elegant!

sue t. said...

Awesome card, love the ribbon trim.Thanks for joining us at TSOT this week!

Karen said...

Love the simplicity of your card and the blue/silver colors are so wintery...brrrr - Love the card and thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week - Karen, DT

Sarah said...

Beautiful card! I love this soft colour combo and I'm loving that ribbon trim. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.