Friday, November 1, 2013

PP169 & Kards for Kids

I really like the sketch this week from Paper Players so decided to play along.  The Smiley Team from Kards for Kids are making winter themed cards for the children so I decided to incorporate the sketch for a card for a child at the Hospital for Sick Children here in Toronto.

Here is the sketch:



Here is the card I created using the sketch:


I love glitter and bling so added a bit of both to this card.  The card base is pearlized silver and I also used it to back up the design paper which is from Recollections - a Michaels brand.  I also cut the snowflakes from the same pearlized silver paper using an Impression Obsession die.  I cut some tags from silver glitter paper.  I think the royal blue card stock from Bazill goes very well with the rest of the card.  I love the combination of silver and royal blue.  The sentiment was stamped with Color Box - Archival Silver is from Gina K - Snowman Wishes.  I'm not entirely pleased with this card and I will be changing it to include a grey die cut which I will pop up with foam dots onto the design paper.  To me, this card looks kinda bare.  I also added the silver coloured ribbon with the white snow flakes and some flat back rhinestones.

Here is my revised version of this card:


Much better, don't you think?
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Sammy said...

Just gorgeous! Love the colour and yes, the later snowflake addition finishes it off nicely! x

Anne Marie Hile said...

I really like how the silver accents pop off of that rich blue. Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Oma! What a frosty confection! The snowflake is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Becca said...

very nice Anna...love the colours so fresh for winter
Bela xo

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great interpretation of the sketch, well done
hugs bibiana

jimlynn said...

So sparkly and pretty! Love all the blue and silver. Great color combo.
Lynn