Sunday, May 1, 2011

Water, water everywhere

and not a drop to drink!

Opa & I were in Vermont at Smuggler's Notch Resort for a week and just arrived home again yesterday.  For the most part we enjoyed our vacation - until Wednesday when all the rain and melting snow from the mountains caused this:














These pictures were taken in and around Jeffersonville which is a small town a few miles from the resort.  We did not have any flooding at the resort but the floods caused road & bridge closures and long detours.  Even when we were coming home yesterday, there were some road and bridge closures in NY.

I have to give kudos to Smuggler's Notch Resort as they took in 100 people from Cambridge which is a small town 2 miles from Jeffersonville where there was a lot of flood damage.  Smuggler's Notch did not charge them and the Red Cross made sure that they were fed.

On the way there last Saturday when we crossed from NY into VT; there was some flooding from Lake Champlain at Rouses Point NY.

The unit we had at Smuggler's Notch was a 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen, large living and dining area, 2 full bathrooms and 4 TVs!  I even managed to make a card for the Mojo Monday challenge while I was there.  We shopped in North Conway at the outlet stores (love that there is no State Tax in NH!) and I picked up a few clothing items for Sierra, Brooke and Amber.  We also visited Burlington where we had a nice lunch; Montpelier (the state capital); and another outlet mall in Essex Junction VT where I added to my paper craft stash and put a fairly huge dent in my wallet!

All in all it was a good vacation in spite of the floods.  Opa would have liked to go golfing but it was too early in the year for that.  The fresh mountain air was such a treat and we slept deeply.  I think I only had 1 day there when I didn't have a 1 - 2 hr. nap.  And of course, Opa had lots of "power naps!"  I took this picture of him shortly after he told me he wasn't tired!


I got some more crafty goodies in my mail box while I was gone and will take pictures and post them here soon.

Oma/Anna

2 comments:

Adeline Ng said...

Hey Oma

Thanks for visiting my blog with your encouraging comment. To answer your question, no I did not make the flower, I bought them from Hong Kong.

Glad the rain did not dampened your vacation!

SueH said...

Mother Nature is spectacular and beautiful but at time can be so destructive. My heart goes out to all those lives are touched by the devastation it leaves at times like this.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind message and yes the cross stitch would be perfect for your three little Granddaughters.
I usually stitch on Aida for my smaller and charity projects but when I’m working on something larger I prefer to stitch on evenweave because I love neatness of it when it’s finished. I also find that Aida makes my fingers sore sometimes…......I must be so sensitive. Lol!

Thanks again for stopping by.
Sue
x