Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mojo Monday 189 - CONTEST

First of all, I want to wish all the Mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day!!  I hope you all get pampered and spoiled rotten!

I don't know about the rest of the people who entered this challenge, but this particular sketch was very challenging for me.  The card I made did not turn out at all like I had planned in my head after seeing the sketch earlier this week.  In fact, my card went on an entirely different direction!

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:

 

I didn't care for it at first, but it has grown on me.  The image is from Darcie's, & since I stamped it on yellow cardstock, I just coloured the heart, feet and beak with Prismacolor pencils. The designer paper is from Imaginisce - Enchanted Collection.  The sentiment is from Kraftin Kimmies - Shy Emmielou.  I also used a Spellbinder's tag that I cut and embossed in my Cuttlebug that the sentiment was stamped on.  The border punch I used is from Martha Stewart.

Opa & I will be heading out to visit our daughter Janice, son-in-law Rob and our 3  adorable granddaughters, Sierra, Brooke and Amber.  I can't wait to give the girls their Easter/Spring baskets I made for them and the Spring cards I made for them.  I'm sure my daughter will like the card I made especially for her.  Have a great day everyone & I'll be back later to share some a card my niece Krista made for me as well as another card that I have made and some goodies that I received in the mail.

Have a great day everyone!

Oma.

4 comments:

Tineke's hobby said...

what a lovely card great LO and the colours and papers verry pretty
And i like the image
Hugs Tineke

Debbie Carriere said...

Oh such a sweet card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Tracy said...

Love your take on this sketch.
Funny thing is I tried this sketch as well. I didn't enter it as the challenge was over by the time I finished it, teehee.
I did post it on my blog though.
Enjoy your time with your grand babies :)

Marie said...

Your card is great!