Saturday, May 7, 2011

Quilt card


Here is the Mother's day card I made for someone very special:


The inside sentiment was stamped in Navy blue:  Mothers are the stitches that hold a family together.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  This card is for my daughter.  The designer paper is from Stampin Up - Springtime Vintage.  Once I had the quilt square made, I ran it through my Cuttlebug and used the Petals a Plenty embossing folder from Stampin Up. The ribbon is from my stash and the ribbon flower was 1 that I bought last month at Scrapfest.  I added a clear rhinestone to give it a bit more bling.  I found the tutorial on Split Coast Stampers.  This pattern was a bit of a challenge for me but I am happy I persevered and I am very pleased with the end result.  Opa and my son really like the card and were duly impressed!  LOL  

I have also made some other quilt cards a while ago but which I never posted.  They are still a work in progress as I still need to add some embellishments and a sentiment & finish the inside:





On all 3 of these cards I used Stampin Up - Springtime Vintage DSP.  I love this paper!  I got the tutorial for these last 4 cards on this post.  This was very easy to do.



On this last card the papers are all from CTMH - Sophia DSP.

I am hoping that I will have time today to enter the Mojo Monday Challenge.  The sketch should be fun to do and I already have some ideas for it.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

hello thank you for your comments your work is so beautifull

Arlene B. said...

You have been busy "quilting" love the first card, very pretty.

Tambo said...

I love quilting and love these cards. My mother-in-law quilts, but doesn't make cards, but she would love this. Great job!!! thanks for following my blog too.
Tami