Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mojo Monday 191 - just a few days late

Better late than never!  I wanted to make this card on Sunday and enter it in the Mojo Monday challenge but I had a killer headache all day.  It was very warm on Saturday but cooled off on Sunday and I think the change in the barometric air pressure did a number on my head.  I slept for 2 1/2 hours after taking some pain killers. The headache subsided but never left completely until yesterday.

Here is the sketch:

 And here is my card:







I used some distress ink on the image but I think I went a bit too heavy with it.  I should have used a lighter colour and/or touch!  We learn from our mistakes and I will know better next time.  The image & sentiment are from Verve - Floral Symphony.  I stamped the flower part 2 times - 1st with the outline portion and then with the solid portion of this stamp - I popped up the solid colour portion over the outline portion.  I used SU's Purely Pomegrante for the flower and sentiment and SU's Wild Wasabi for the stem of the flower.  Maroon & white pearls are from my stash.  I do not know who manufactured the card stock or the shiny paper I used for the scallop circle.  I used my Cuttlebug to cut out the Spellbinder scallop & classic circle dies.  The sentiment was cut out with a Lattice rectangle die.  I also applied 2 small pearls to the glittery butterfly.  I love butterflies!  I used a Creative Memories punch to punch out the butterfly.  I applied 2 sided tape to a piece of maroon card stock, applied lots of glitter and then punched out the butterfly.  The design paper is from SU and the pink ribbon is from my stash.  I didn't add a square under my image as there was no room on this standard sized card and I thought the butterfly helped to add a bit of interest to my card.  Other than the distressing; I am very pleased at how this card turned out.

I am looking forward to attending a watercolour class at my favourite LSS tomorrow evening which is being taught by Nicky.  I attended a class taught by Nicky last week and we made some gorgeous springtime cards.  I still need to take a picture of them but Nicky has one on her blog if you would like to take a peek.  Tell her Anna sent you!

I was supposed to attend my niece's class on Saturday but as it was such a gorgeous day, Opa wanted to go out so we spent the day in the Niagara region instead.  I went to Krista's house yesterday and picked up the card and stamp kit and will have to take a very close look at her blog to put the cards together.  I love all 4 of the cards!  You can see them on Krista's blog.  Be sure to leave her a comment and tell her Aunt Anna sent you.  If you live in the Toronto or Oshawa area, I highly recommend the classes that Nicky and Krista teach.  I have learned so much from both of these talented and creative ladies!
Thanks for stopping by! .

3 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

This is lovely!

I do hope you're over the headaches now!

Patti said...

Lovely card. I also love the Snow White card too. Wonderful inspiration.

callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous card.

I'm a new follower sent by Momo! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/