Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I love tulips!


In May, 1986 while my hubby, daughter and son & I were on vacation in The Netherlands, we took a tour of Keukenhof.  Lucky for us that they had a late spring that year and all the flowers were in full bloom. Here are some pictures of Keukenhof:






Isn't this a beautiful garden?  I could spend an entire day in there!  The travel section of Saturdays's edition of our local paper had a great article about Keukenhof and when hubby showed it to me, I was ready to jump on the next plane and fly back to The Netherlands!

My favourite season is Spring and my favourite flower is the tulip.  I received my Stampin Up order recently and couldn't wait to play with the 2 step bird punch so I could make a card featuring a tulip.  I have seen a lot of cards where the 2 step bird punch wing portion was used to create a tulip.  My Stampin Up demonstrator was also kind enough to give me some punched out ornaments in bright red.  I had also ordered the Framed Tulips embossing folder.

Here is the card I made:



I embossed one of the ornaments through my cuttlebug using the Stampin Up petals a plenty embossing folder.  I then cut off the bottom tip to make it look like a vase and added a small white ribbon to embellish it.
I hand drew the stem and leaves (my drawing skills leave a lot to be desired!).

Here is the inside of the card:


 I will be sending this card to one of my close friends who is Belgian but is married to a Dutch man.  I hope she likes it!

Oma/Anna

7 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

OMG! That photos are gorgeous!!! What a nice inspiration for your card.
Hugs Nataliya.

Tineke's hobby said...

Your card is beautiful i like tullips also very much so it's a great inspiration
The photo's are beautiful
Hugs Tineke

Lee said...

FANTASTIC pics.i LOVE Tulips.xx Your card is really Beautiful.xxx

The Archiving Angel said...

Hi Oma~ I love this card. The colors, the sentiment, the tulip...fabulous! Your pictures are gorgeous. It would be wonderful to spend a day there & picnic.
Great catching up on your lovely blog.
Crafty hugs & keep it coming,
Sonia

Beverly's Stamping Beehive said...

Such a cute card and the punch art looks like a lot of fun to make!

Sigh...wish I was walking through those tulips too!

Cheers

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is so perfect for this time of year. I love tulips...your pictures are so beautiful...Enjoyed seeing them...

Coley said...

I love the beautiful photographs, and how it inspired your card!