Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Butterfly shaped treat box

I am so happy that I have 3 adorable granddaughters that I can make cute cards and treat boxes for.  I made these Butterfly shaped treat boxes last night while Opa was at the curling club.




I couldn't resist adding the yellow ribbon with the eggs to the handle along with the glittery butterfly which I  made with my Creative Memories punch.

I also made one with yellow card stock:




The pale green ribbon has "Hoppy Easter" and bunnies on it.  I also added the glittery yellow butterfly.  I decorated them with rhinestones and elements I cut from the Bunny Love glittery 6 x 6 Paper Pad made by Best Creations.  I still have lots left over to make Easter cards for the girls.  Here is 6 x 6 paper pad I bought:



I found the templates here.  Brenda has all kinds of templates on her blog.  I just noticed that she has added more templates.  I also printed out the small butterfly template and have made a treat box for my youngest granddaughter Amber ( 4 1/2 mos.) with yellow cardstock.  Once I finish decorating it, I will post it on my blog.

I will be one of the 20 featured bloggers on the April Bunny Hop which will take place on April 1 - 5.  Be sure to stop by as there will be lots of blog candy up for grabs.  The April Bunny Hop is being organized by Jacqueline.  You can read all about it on her blog.