Thursday, February 7, 2013

Send a card to a friend day

According to Papercrafts Magazine, today is Send a card to a Friend Day.   I have 2 very close friends who I love dearly.  Jeanine and I have been friends since we were 9 years old.  That was 52 years ago!!  Even though I moved away when I was 11, we kept in touch by snail mail and saw each other again 11 years later.   Jeanine and I live 3 hours apart but that doesn't stop us from meeting up in a central location - St. Jacob's - to have lunch together at a nearby restaurant to catch up with each other.  About once or twice a year Opa and I make the trip to their house and have spent weekends there.  Her hubby and mine have also become very close friends. Here is a photo of Jeanine and I that was taken at her daughter's baby shower several years ago.  I am on the left and Jeanine is on the right.


I met my other close friend in Nursing School in 1967.  Donna didn't finish the course but we kept in touch.  Donna and I had a blast when we were in our late teens and early 20's.  I was a bridesmaid in Donna's wedding.  Donna and her hubby first moved to Newfoundland and then eventually to Moncton New Brunswick where they still reside.  Unfortunately we live far apart but we do keep in touch and when my daughter was 5, she and I took a 24 hr. train trip and stayed with Donna for a week.  Her 2 daughters and my daughter had a blast together.  2 years ago, Donna and her hubby came to Ontario so we met up with them and had a nice dinner together.  Here is a picture of Donna and I that was taken at that time.  I am on the left and Donna is on the right.


Here are the cards I made for them:



The inside sentiment was heat embossed with "Thank you for being my Friend."  I'm sure they will both love the cards and the fact that I showed my appreciation for our friendship.


 

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

these are so sweet, I have two friends I have been friends with since the third grade, 40+ years, I treasure their friendship...so happy for you and your friends!
I am having a giveaway on my blog, just leave a comment for your chance at winning...have a wonderful weekend!

http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2013/02/thinking-of-you.html

enjoy *~*

Tasha said...

These are lovely hun i'm sure they will cherish them! I have a friend who i've known since we were 4 i love her dearly too she's been my rock throughout life, i didn't even know it was "send a friend a card day" or i'd have made her one....i'll have to put it on my calendar for next yr xx