Monday, February 25, 2013

Kards for Kids HSC on line cardmaking day - Warning - long post - picture heavy

I had a blast this weekend and made 9 cards for Kards for Kids HSC on line cardmaking day!  Bela has been organizing Kards for Kids since 2005 and it has grown a lot especially in the last 2 years or so.  There are currently 16 Smiley Ladies  making cards.  Won't you please consider joining us in this venture?  You can visit the Kards for Kids for HSC and email Bela to get all the details. Kudos also go to High Hopes StampsYour Next StampKraftin Kimmie Stamps and my favourite store to shop - One Crazy Stamper in Bolton our generous sponsors.

We went on a Virtual Cruise on the SS Smiley of the Seas Cruise ship.  Isn't this a beautiful Cruise ship?


Our beautiful Cruise Director Bela had sent us several card kits complete with stamped images and paper.

We departed from Halifax and crossed the Atlantic to visit some cities in Europe!  I made sure to pack lots of papers, coloured pencils, embellishments, punches and stamps. Our first challenge was to make a card - Bon Voyage.  Here is the card I made.  I am sitting on the deck on my suitcase anxiously waiting to be assigned to my cabin.  (Man, I wish I looked this good in real life!  LOL) Bela provided us with the image and die cuts.  I fussy cut the image and coloured her with my Prisma coloured pencils and gamsol and then popped her up with some 3D dimensionals.


I was assigned to cabin #469 and it was just beautiful with a very comfortable queen size bed, a large desk for making cards, and best of all - a Tassimo with lots of Tim Horton's coffee and a selection of delicious baked goods and lots of fresh fruit!  After everyone got settled in, we went to the buffet table and our assignment there was to make a card using this image as inspiration.  


Bela had provided us with some die cuts as well as a stamped image which I fussy cut and popped up on the card.  Here is the card I created:

I also finished the inside of this card:
The design paper is from a 6 x 6 paper pad from Dove Craft - Tea Party.  The doily inside the card is from my stash.  The sentiment is also from my stash but I do not know who the manufacturer is.  

After resting for a bit, we headed over to the Lido deck to go swimming in the pool.  Man, I could sure go for a dip in that gorgeous pool and then sit on a lounge chair with a Pina Colada to drink and some fresh fruit and yogurt for a healthy snack.  


Bela provided us with the design paper, image from Your Next Stamp (again, which I fussy cut and popped up) and some die cuts.  Here is the card I created:
I have no idea, how that starfish got into the pool!  I know it wasn't me that put him/her there!  Hmm, maybe it was one of the other members of the Smiley Team!  

Our first stop was Spain and we had to create a card using a photo as our inspiration.  The photo (which I cannot provide here) had lots of pink, red and black.  Here is the card I made:

The design paper is from a 6 x 6 paper pad - Echo Park For the Record 2 - Tailored.  I used 2 different scallop squares and my favourite Making Memories butter fly punch to punch out the butterflies on glittered paper.

Our next stop was Gay Paree!!  Bela provided us with the papers, the girl stamped image from Kraftin' Kimmie and some die cuts.  The sentiments and other images are from my stash.  Here is the card I created:

I am such a lucky woman cuz hubby provided me with an unlimited credit card so I shopped til I dropped!  Here is the inside of the card:


Our next stop was Greece and our challenge was to make a card using this image for inspiration and it had to be a summer card.
 Here is the card I made:
This is a mini Your Next Stamp image which I received as a thank you gift when I placed an order with Karen from Your Next Stamp a long time ago.  The design paper is from a paper craft magazine that I bought just last week.  I thought it was perfect for this card.

Now it's on to Venice - a city I would love to visit!  Our challenge here was to create a card using this photo as inspiration:
Here is the card I came up with:

Design paper is from Echo Park 6 x6 paper pad - For the Record 2 - Tailored.  I also used a border punch which I blinged up with some rhinestones.  Ribbon is from my stash and so is the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment on a punched shape which is from Fiskars.

Now, it'\s back to the ship to celebrate with some good ole Rock & Roll!  My son, the disc jockey who spins records on a double turntable (note, I said records - not CD'S) at several night clubs in Toronto would approve!  He loves Rock & Roll!!  Bela provided the Kraftin Kimmie girl image (fussy cut and popped up) and the design papers.  Other image and the sentiments are also from Kraftin' Kimmie which I just happened to have on hand.  Here is the card I created:

Oops!  Looks like I made a bit of a boo boo!  The girl rockin' to the beat is actually the outside of the card - not the inside.  I also added some stars which I cut with my star punch out of red glittered paper.

Phew, are you still with me?  If so, you deserve kudos!

Last, but not least, I was assigned an image & some die cuts to make a Summer card.  Here is my creation:


We also played some games during the day and I won Showcase #1 in the Price is Right game which consisted of 2 packages of stickers and a cute stamp which I will be looking forward to receiving.  Here is the stamp  I won:

I want to thank Bela for all the hard work & time she put into organizing this card challenge.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and I'm sure the other 11 Smiley Team Members enjoyed it as well!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Virgo5 said...

All your cards are fabulous, and love the story to go along with them!