Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine cards & boxes & Mojo 226

Here are 2 more valentine cards and boxes I made for my granddaughters.

The 1st card I made was inspired by the Mojo Monday Challenge blog.  Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


I chose to make the square card.  Papers are by Heidi Grace and the striped paper is on the reverse side of the paper on top. I punched the sentiment (SU) on a scallop square which was popped up.  The crocheted flowers are from my stash as is the ribbon, heart charm (made with love) and the flat maroon pearls.  I heat embossed the SU heart and punched it out with a heart punch from Marvy which is just the right size for the heart stamp.  My card size is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2.  This card will be going to one of my granddaughters.

Here is another card I made today for another one of my granddaughters:


Needless to say, I love this SU stamp. I heat embossed it and the centre heart is on the inside.  I punched out a heart on the cover of the card, distressed the edges with rose red ink from Versa,  added some flat clear rhinestones and the heart ribbon is from Michaels.

I also made some treat boxes for the girls:  



I watched this tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.  The boxes did not take very long to make.  I used a MS heart punch, ribbon and flat back pearls. The card stock is Cherry Cobbler from SU (love this colour!).  I plan to fill the boxes with some Hershey Kisses. 

Last but not least here is a picture of my 3 adorable granddaughters:


Brooke (4 1/2; Amber 15 mos. & Sierra 6 1/2)

This picture was taken in the summer. They sure keep their parents hopping! They were all sick last week but are all feeling better now.  I will be taking some paper craft supplies to their house on Saturday so the 2 oldest (Sierra & Brooke) can make some valentine cards.  I've got valentine stickers, glittery heart foam stickers and ink and sentiments.  I expect we will have loads of fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Stef H said...

oma! how nice to see you.... and look how gorgeous those girls are!!! where does the time go? i absolutely love the cards - especially the 3 red hearts. WOW!

hope all is well. so glad you stopped by!

hugs :)

Stef H said...

oh... love your blog look. how'd you do it????

Oma said...

Believe it or not, I can't remember! Must be a sign of old age! LOL I think I got it from the blogger blog.

Linda said...

Hi Oma!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love all your cards and the treat boxes are adorable! I gotta go check out that tut on SCS. Your GDs are so beautiful and are so lucky to have you as their Oma! xoxo, Linda