Monday, September 30, 2013

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #23

As soon as I saw Sketch 23, I knew what I was going to create.  Without further ado, here is Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #23:


Here is the card I made following this sketch:


Card stock is from my stash.  I used the Petals a Plenty embossing folder from SU and ran it through my cuttlebug.  The poinsettia die is by Poppy Stamps.  If you look closely; you will see that the poinsettia and leaves also have some embossing.  I added a yellow twinkle to the centre of the flower and also decided that I needed to bling it up some more by adding some red flat back self adhesive rhinestones.  I am very pleased with how this card turned out and can see myself making more Christmas cards using this sketch.  I think it would also look nice with an ornament, snowflake or bell die.  The sentiment is from my stash as well and was stamped with Versa Ink - Rose Red.

Won't you join us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge?  If you're lucky; the design team of which I am a member might pick your card for a Top 3 pick and you will be able to display the Top 3 badge on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

I really love how this came together, might need to scraplift this one.

canadian_liner said...

The embossing and red accents make for a beautiful card! Love that poinsettia die...