Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Another Challenge card

This is my second post for today.  Scroll down to see the 1st one.  I love sketch challenges and love that I am able to enter 1 card in more than one challenge.  Techno Stamper had an interesting sketch that I wanted to do.  Here is the sketch:


You'd think that with the butterfly on the sketch that I would make a card featuring a butterfly knowing how much I like butterflies!  I decided to add another Christmas card to my stash as Christmas will be here before you know it!  Here is my take on this sketch:


I used a High Hopes Stamp - Niki Sweet Tooth and as luck would have it, had the perfect design paper to go with the image.  The paper is from Recollections - 6 x 6 paper pad - Sugar Plums.  The sentiment which was stamped with Versa Fine Majestic Blue is from CTMH.  If you click on the picture, you will notice that I added glittered green circle with a flat back rhinestone onto Niki's hat.  I coloured the image with my Prisma coloured pencils.

I am also entering this card into the One Crazy Stamper challenge which is Christmas as well as the High Hopes challenge which is to use pearls or gems.

I will be sending this card off to Kards for Kids to be given to a child at the Hospital for Sick Children.  I really need to be making more cards for them soon for the Christmas season.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

MJ said...

This is just the sweetest Christmas card. The background paper makes me think of peppermints and goes so well with the rest of the card. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Sammy said...

Hi there, new follower here. I'd a daughter of a Dutch ex-pat myself. I was born in Scotland to a Dutch father and Kiwi mum! They are also Opa and Oma to several grandkids :-)

I love your card, and the image is so very cute! Love the design paper too! x

Shari said...

Love this card, pretty papers and great sketch!

Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper for this month's Christmas challenge - good luck!

Hugs;
Shari G.

Becca said...

I love this High Hopes Elf so cute