Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #119 Birthday card.

I was surfing the blogs this morning when I saw this post.  I really liked the sketch so decided to make a card with some of the new designer papers that I bought at Joann's Fabric & Crafts when I was in Olean, NY last week.  Someone in my family has a birthday coming up soon so I made her a card using the sketch.

Here is the sketch:



And here is my card:


The tag on the card is from Martha Stewart which was stamped by me using CTMH Hollyhock.  Papers are from various companies.  Pearls are from Kaisercraft.

Here is a view of the inside of the card:


If you look closely; I used an embossing corner punch from Fiskars on the pink cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped with Rose Red ink from Versa Color.  The pearls are from Kaisercraft.  I've bought some liquid pearls but only have 2 colours so far - white and pale yellow.  I will have to get some more in different colours as the Kaisercraft pearls are kind of pricey.  The only drawback to using liquid pearls is the time it takes for it to dry.

This card will be mailed to a very close family member soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Stef H said...

oh ann! i am sooooooooooo sorry i haven't been around much. it's been very hectic with a very sick hubby!
sure hope you are well and i see your creations are still as gorgeous as ever. and look at that baby in your profile... what a beauty!

thank you sooooooooo much for stopping by!

hugs :)

Wellnifty said...

Love the card, so clean and fresh looking x

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card. Love the tag on the front and the soft colours.

Jan Hennings said...

A beautiful card and love the soft colors :) Thanks for your well wishes, too :)

Design og Hobby said...

Great card! Love the colours and the patterned papers!

Thanks for joining in at our sketch challenge at SSC this week!

Hugs Gry

Justin said...

What a great card! Such nice colors and layout!