Monday, May 11, 2009

Cards for Mommy

My grandchildren and I spent Sunday afternoon making a card for their mother. I put the cards together at home before I went to their house. They coloured the image and wrote inside the card while Mommy and Opa went to the grocery store and Daddy was sleeping. Sierra who is almost 4 can print her name but Brooke who is almost 2 hasn't learned to print her name as yet. Below you can see the card before the image was coloured. It is a Magnolia Stamp of Tilda holding out a rose which I thought was appropriate for their mother. I used the Swiss Dots cuddlebug embossing folder and my oval Nestibility. I added a purple and white checked ribbon and a Made with Love charm. The girls loved the card and had a blast colouring it.



Here you can see Sierra's finished card:


Here is a picture of Sierra with her finished card showing the inside - runny nose and all! LOL


Here is Brooke's card which Oma helped her with. Her attention span is quite short.



It was next to impossible to get both of them posing with the front of their cards! Brooke especially did not seem to want to cooperate! And Sierra wasn't all that cooperative either!


Opa and Daddy cooked us a nice steak dinner complete with baked potatoes, caesar salad and Garlic bread. Dessert was apple pie with Ice Cream. Janice picked some tulips and daffodils out of her garden and presented them to me so it was the Centrepiece on the table at dinner. She is working on an album of the girls as my Mother's Day gift. She enjoys scrapbooking but doesn't have as much time to devote to it as she would like. She loved the card and box I made her and is looking forward to receiving her bracelet.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Awww! Oma, how precious are they!!! They must be tickled pink to see their creations on your blog!!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Hugs, Linda

Stef H said...

Those are 2 of the cutest little ladies I've ever seen and what little artists they are!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs,

Riet said...

Wowww oma,what a gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

aww wow what a great job they have both done. What a lovely idea x

Linda said...

Hey Oma - me again. Check out my blog - I left something for your there ...

Hugs & Aloha,
Linda

Valentina Fussell said...

How sweet! My kids LOVE to stamp too!

Wellnifty said...

You've got two little cuties there, lovely photo's, and they did a great job on Mum's card, I bet she will save them forever.

Chris x

Percy said...

I love the cuties!!! Even though they did not cooperate you have a beautiful picture of both of them...They did a great job coloring...beautiful card for Mom!