Saturday, March 10, 2018

AHSC #254

When my husband had a stroke on Jan. 26th, my card making mojo flew out the window.  I am happy to report that he is doing very well thanks to our excellent health care system.  When I called 911, the paramedic arrived in about 2 minutes followed by the ambulance 5 minutes later.  He spent a week and a half in hospital where they started physio and speech therapy.  After he arrived home, he received both physio and speech therapy at home and it was covered by our provincial health insurance.  On Wednesday he was able to go back to curling and is looking forward to golfing when the weather warms up.  To say he gave us quite a scare would be putting it mildly.  I am just grateful that it happened at home and not an hour earlier when he was driving. 

When he went to curling on Wednesday, I got the itch to make a card and this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge was one that I knew I wanted to follow.  Here is the sketch:


Here is my card using the sketch as inspiration:


Card stock is by Bazill.  The sentiment die is by Stamps of Life and the butterfly dies are by Your Next Stamp.  The embossing folder is by Darice.  I added some white pearls to the butterflies as well as some yellow enamel dots to the flower centres and to the card.  I like how this card turned out and it makes me happy knowing that warmer weather, butterflies and flowers will soon be here.  I am so tired of winter! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Anna/Oma

4 comments:

create.365 said...

What a bright and sunshiny card -really love the accents you added for the centers of the embossed background flowers...such a nice touch! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week!

Christine said...

Lots of sunshine and smiles in this sweet card! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that embossed background - its such a pretty touch to the yellow elements on the rest of the card. Everything works so well together. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts and sharing your beautiful card with us :)

Annette Clark said...

What a sweet and cheerful card, Anna! I will be on the hunt for that embossing folder now and I love your choice of a die cut sentiment with a shadow layer, it really adds that great finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.