Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fun in the Sun

I came across a summer themed challenge at The Shabby Tea Room #227 Fun in the Sun and as I had just received my Taylored Expression Kit in the mail last week; I decided to play along.  The kit is Summer Lovin' and had all the colours, stamps, design paper, card stock and dies to make a summer card.  Here is the image they posted to inspire us:


We were challenged to use at least 3 colours from the image and to use one or more of these elements:  vellum/acetate, polka dots and ribbon.

Here is the card I created using their guidelines:


I used yellow, pink, and blue and ribbon and polka dots.  The papers and card stock as well as the sentiment are from the TE kit.  The polka dot ribbon flower and white ribbon are from my stash.  The sun is a die from Stamps of Life set - hot4balloons which is this month's kit.  I am also entering this card into Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #223 - and their theme is Feels like Summer.

I love how this card turned out and will probably give it to one of my granddaughters who love to wear their flip flops in the summer time.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Lovely summery card, great colours and papers, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx