Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #66

When I saw this week's sketch, I knew I wanted to play along.  I also knew that I had enough card stock and design paper scraps to make the card.  I love that I didn't have to cut into a new piece of design paper or card stock!

Here is the sketch:

Here is the card I made based on the sketch:


The card stock is Bazzill and the design paper is by Wild Rose Studio - Butterfly Garden 6 x 6 paper pad.  I love the Wild Rose Studio's paper pads.  I punched out the scallop circle using an EK Success punch & the Butterfly was punched using a Martha Stewart punch.  The sentiment was stamped using Versafine Olympia Green.  I added some clear rhinestones to the butterfly and light green (although they appear clear in the photo) pearl gems by Forever in Time.  The sentiment which is by Hero Arts clear stamp set made especially for Operation Write Home and a portion of the proceeds help to fund Operation Write Home. 

I love how this card turned out and it will be going into my stash to give to someone very special.
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

This is so fabulous. Love the paper, and the detail of the gems and rhinestones. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Unknown said...

Love the bright colors, very pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge !

Brandi said...

Very pretty card, I really love it! Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

Lauren said...

Lovely butterfly card- and I love your blog name! Thanks for playing with AHSC this week.

Unknown said...

I love when you can use your scraps to create a beautiful card. This is just lovely! Kristen - AHSC