Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back at work

Hubby went back to work today on light duty for the first time since July 10th. He will be working 3 hours/day and they will gradually increase his hours. He thoroughly enjoyed being back at work but was bored silly stuffing screws into baggies. The 2 ladies that sat with him spoke to each other in their own language which didn't help matters any. He is finding it hard to keep his eyes open tonight even though he took a rather lengthy nap this afternoon. While he was at home recuperating from his surgery, he would nap several times during the day. He probably spent most of his time either napping, snacking, eating or "just resting his eyes" during his recuperation. I have a feeling it will take his body a while to adjust to a normal working day again.

If I had done what he had done, I would probably look like the good year blimp by now! Hubby has not gained so much as an ounce! He has only gained maybe 10 lbs. in the 38 years I've known him. I'd rather not say how much I've gained in the same time period. Suffice to say, it's a wee bit more than 10 lbs.!

1 comment:

staci said...

I'm glad your husband is back to work. Hope his adjustment back goes well :)