Friday, October 10, 2014

Freshly Made Sketch #157

This week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches can be interpreted in many ways.  I decided to copy the sketch exactly but the star portion of the sketch can easily be changed to a flower, a butterfly, an ornament, gingerbread man, snowman, deer or tree and the list goes on.

Here is this week's sketch:


Here is the card I created following the sketch:


The diamond design paper I used came in a box from The Stamps of Life card kit and the polka dot design paper came from a card making magazine that I have had in my stash for almost a year.  The sentiment is from The Stamps of Life card kit and was cut using my Cuttlebug.   The stars are from Stampin' Up - Stars Framelit dies and were also cut using my Cuttlebug.  I've had the red and gold glittered paper scraps in my stash for quite a while.  I had just enough of the maroon glittered paper left to cut the star and sentiment.  I also used SU - Cherry Cobbler card stock for the middle band.  This card came together very quickly.  

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Fun card for the holidays! Love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at fMS!

Jen Brum said...

Lovely Christmas card! Love all of that red and the sparkly sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous and i'm the happy recipient of this. hope all is well. thank you so much for thinking of me. wishing you and yours a very blessed holiday season.

hugs :)

Oma said...

I'm glad you like it Stef! Happy New Year!

Cole Meyer said...

Wonderful sketch and even better inspiration card using the sketch! Thanks for leaving me the peanut butter cookie recipe! Hopefully, I'll get to try it before the holidays are over!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas.