Sunday, August 8, 2010

Birthday easel card box

I made this for my SIL Claire; who is married to my brother Peter.  Peter has Parkinson's Disease and also Alzheimer's Disease and is in a nursing home.  Claire has been very good to Peter.  I made her a bracelet which can be found here in this post.

Her birthday is August 11th and here is the card I made for her:


Another view:


A view of the card closed:


I used the tutorial that Joani posted on her blog here.

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and I had a lot of fun with this project.  The card stock is from my stash.  The designer paper is from Stampin Up, the brad is from my stash and the stamped image is a Verve stamp.  I stamped the tulips twice and popped it up on the main image.  I was very pleased with how this project turned out.

I will be making Claire a necklace to go with the bracelet that I made for her.  I'm sure she will be pleased as punch to receive it.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful Oma! I'm sure Claire will love it! Great job ... take care of yourself and Herb! xoxo, Linda

Michelle said...

Just Gorgeous, Oma! I am inspired to try one, too.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. :)

Krista said...

She's going to love it, Aunt Anna!

Tineke's hobby said...

This is so sweet she really going to love it
Tineke

Wellnifty said...

Hi Oma, just had a look at all your cards I've missed lately, love them all. This is lovley, thanks for the link to the tut, I'll be giving it a go

Chris xx

Di's Dooodles said...

Hi Oma, sorry for not dropping in for so long. I hope you are keeping well and I am so sorry to hear of your Brother's illness.
You have made a beautiful job of the box card and bracelet. I am sure your SIL will love them both.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Oma this is beautiful the colours are wonderful a brilliant gift
Hugs
Lorraine x