Monday, January 11, 2010

I`m back!

Without going into a lot of detail, I just wanted to let everyone know that I spent a week in the hospital with Right Upper Lobe Pneumonia.  Not a pleasant experience at all!  I became ill on Thursday, Dec. 31 and was admitted to the hospital on January 3rd.  I should have gone sooner but I did not realize just how sick I really was.  I thought I had pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve.  I will be going to my family Dr. for follow up care but do not know as yet when I will be able to go back to work again.  I feel that the Lord has given me a 2nd chance and have now quit smoking.  I had my last cigarette on Jan. 2nd in the morning and barely smoked it as it left me gasping for air.  With my Dr.`s help, my family`s and friend`s and coworker`s support and encouragement I have no intentions of  smoking anymore.  I was amazed that I did not have a craving for nicotine while in the hospital but I was drinking a lot of water and juices which I`m sure flushed a lot of the nicotine out of my system.

I`ve been given a 2nd chance to change my life style and intend to live long enough to celebrate many more wedding anniversaries with Opa and to watch my 2 granddaughters grow into beautiful young women.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Frazzled Crafts said...

Sorry to hear that you've been poorly Oma, and yes you have been given a 2nd chance so just bung the old ciggies away and believe me you'll begin to feel a new person. Lots of Love, Liz xx

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well, I stopped smoking 6 years ago and have never looked back. Just take one day at a time and see each day you do as an acheivement.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Allison Rankin said...

OMG...glad you are feeling better and things didn't get worse! Good for you on quitting...I cannot even imagine how hard it is (unless cutting out carbs is remotely close!).

Di's Dooodles said...

Sorry to hear you have been so unwell but glad you are now recovering. Good luck with giving up the ciggies - my OH has been off them for just over a year - it wasn't easy but he did it and I am very proud of him.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hey Oma - I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to improve.