Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tri shutter cards



This is my 2nd attempt at making a tri shutter card. I made this card for my friend's daughter who had a baby boy in August. The tri shutter card looks hard but it is very easy to make. I used a baby boy stamp set as well as some baby boy embellishments that I bought at Michaels. I made the bow with my bow easy. I really like the bow easy and have a feeling I will be using it a lot!



Here is another view:




The 1st tri shutter card I made was supposed to be a Birthday card for my daughter but I was not all that happy with it so will not be posting a picture of it.

I also made a Christmas card:


I embossed this card with the Christmas tree cuttlebug folder in my cuttlebug and added some clear rhinestones to give it some bling. The paper I used is a shiny navy blue metallic card stock. The white paper layer also has a bit of a shiny metallic look to it. I am very pleased at how well this card turned out even though it is not a traditional green and or red card.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your tri fold card is very cool! I love the Christmas card!

Myrt said...

Hi Oma - how are you? Your tri-fold card is absolutely awesome.....nice job. I also love your embossed Christmas tree and the bling adds just what it needs.