Monday, January 12, 2009

Sarah Kay Images.



While watching TV, I cannot sit still. I have to be doing something with my hands. I'm either cross stitching or knitting. I don't watch TV very often but I got bored today so stamped these Images and coloured them in while watching TV. Not sure how I am going to incorporate them on a card as yet.

I really like how these turned out even though all I used was pencil crayons (colored pencils).
The 1st image reminds me of my granddaughter Sierra (3 1/2) who helps her little sister Brooke take off her hat and coat when they arrive at Day Care. This image is called A Little Help from Margot. Sierra and Brooke do fight occasionally but they really love each other and can play quite well together. They love to play dress up with their Mommy.

The 2nd image is My Sweet Lilli and it reminds me of my granddaughter Brooke (18 mos.). Brooke loves her babies (dolls) and will spend hours playing with them. She has everything a Mommy needs to look after her "babies". She has a high chair, stroller complete with car seat/carrier and also a baby sling carrier. She also plays with the cradle that her mother played with as a little girl. She even feeds and "nurses" her babies. She isn't quite old enough to wrap her babies in a blanket and the last time I was at their house, I must have wrapped her baby up in a blanket at least a dozen times or more and my husband did as well.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

These are very sweet and the coloring is great. Sara Kays are adorable!

Julia Aston said...

Great way to get images colored while watching TV! and these are just so sweet! they'll look super on a card!

Denise Marzec said...

You did a great job coloring these!!