Friday, November 21, 2008

When God closes a door.........

He opens a window. At least that is what my husband is hoping for. Steelcase, the company my husband works for is closing their doors here in Canada. Herb's last day was today. He has still not recovered completely from his ankle surgery and was working light duty for 6 hours a day. He said he only worked about an hour today but was there for 5 hours. He went around the plant and shook hands and said goodbye to a lot of people. He had been working there for almost 11 years and as a temp for a year before that. He and a some of his coworkers went across the street to the pub for a few drinks after work.

He has taken it in stride and will be looking for a new permanent full time position soon. I think he will be taking it easy for a bit. He goes back to see the surgeon on Monday. He is still wearing the air cast but does take it off and walks around the house without it. His ankle and foot still swell up and he is unable to wear his shoe on that foot. I can't see anyone hiring him until he is out of the cast and is able to walk without it. He says that there is very little pain.

The department he worked in before his surgery always bought lottery tickets together. Well, today was no different and he has a lottery ticket on tomorrow night's draw. It sure would be nice if he won!

3 comments:

Annapurna said...

Thanks for stopping by my ehouse(that is what I call a blog). I sure hope he will find something else he enjoys doing. These are some tuff times everyone is going through. Good luck!

Barbara said...

I hope all turns around for you soon.

I have tagged you over on my blog. I hope you have fun with it.

Di's Dooodles said...

Thank you so much for my blog award Oma. I was so surprised, thank you.

I just want to wish your OH the very best of luck for the future and hope he gets the kind of work he is looking for.