Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Tuesday morning sketches

It's no secret that I love making cards and love following card sketches.  When I saw this morning's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, I wanted to play along.  It didn't take me very long to come up with design paper, sentiment, embellishments and coloured card stock.  It took me all of 15 minutes to make this card and I love how it turned out!

Here is the sketch:


Here is the card I made using the sketch as inspiration:


I started out with a white card stock base and added a layer of green card stock, and a layer of design paper from a 6 x 6 paper pad - Here Comes Santa Clause by Doodlebug Designs.  I then added a layer of red card stock and a layer of white card stock for the sentiment which was stamped with green ink.  The red layer is popped up on 3D foam squares.  All the layers were die cut using stitched rectangle dies by Your Next Stamp.  The three sparkly enamel dots are also by Your Next Stamp and the gold ribbon is from my rather large stash of ribbon.

This is the 3rd Christmas card I've made for my stash so hopefully; I'll have enough Christmas cards made by the time December rolls around.

Thanks for stopping by!
Anna/Oma

3 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Great card! I love that you made the focal piece a tag. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Wonderful Christmas card!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Brawny x said...

Great card x