Monday, February 6, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #198

Starting this month I will be a design team member of Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  I am on Team A so will be making a card for Challenge #199.  In order to get back into the groove, I decided to make a card for Sketch #198.

Here is the sketch:


Here is the card I made using the sketch as inspiration.



I really like this sketch.  White card stock base, Kraft card stock for the sentiment which was die cut using a stitched circle die.  I also used the kraft card stock for the banner tag.  I added some sparkly enamel dots by Your Next Stamp to the banner.  The design paper is from the Doodlebug 6 x 6 paper pad - Cream and Sugar.  I added a strip of gold shimmer tape and punched out a bow to finish off the card.  The sentiment was stamped with SU's Cherry Cobbler which just happens to be my favourite colour at the moment.  I used my Hampton Art Stamp Perfect to stamp the sentiment so it would be centred on the circle.  I bought the Stamp Perfect at Michaels using a 50% off coupon and am very happy with it.  It will make stamping so much easier especially when I want to center an image or sentiment onto a die cut.  I am happy with how this card turned out.  I bought the Simon Says Stamp January Card Kit.  The gold hearts are from the card kit.  The only drawback to this stamp kit is the fact that it only came with 3 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock papers - white, kraft and light blue and only a 1/2 pad of the design paper.  I have pre-ordered another pad of the 6 x 6 paper pad and some more of the embellishments which came with the kit.  I love coffee and usually drink at least 5 cups of this golden nectar a day so have been building up my stash with coffee sentiments and dies.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: