Thursday, January 28, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #144

It has been a long time since I played along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  I am a past design team member and I thoroughly enjoyed designing cards using their sketches.  Some of the sketches had me thinking outside the box and challenged my creativity.  This weeks' sketch was a bit challenging at first until I started looking at my heart dies, punches, embellishments, papers and embossing folders.  With Valentines Day coming up soon; I decided to make a Valentine card.  This card will probably be given to my husband of 43 1/2 years (Wow, has it really been that long?).  Once I decided which papers etc. to use, the card came together fairly quickly.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my interpretation of the sketch:



White card stock base, SU's Cherry Cobbler was used for the love sentiment from The Stamps of Life; heart banner die which is by Memory Box  and the scalloped heart punch which is from Fiskars.  I also added a small maroon colour button as well as a white heart and 2 tiny clear rhinestones.  All in all, I am very pleased at how this card turned out and at how quickly I was able to put it all together.  

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Dena J said...

Pretty heart banner and a lovely Valentine card.

Lisa said...

Love the heart banner! Very pretty! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts this week!

Ali said...

What a pretty card- I really "LOVE" that heart banner! Great job. Thx for playing with us over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge- Great to see you! ~ Ali (DT member, AHSC)

Brandi said...

The banner is so cute, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Sami said...

This is an awesome card! Thank you for playing at AHSC!

Lauren said...

Congratulations on the 43 1/2 years! I am celebrating 8 years of marriage tomorrow, can't wait to be celebrating numbers such as yours. I love your card with the sweet heart banner and bold love sentiment. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at AHSC.